Chevron Baby Shower: Dressing Up the Invitation


This weekend I had too, too much going on... Seriously, I had a good friend's baby shower, neighbor's birthday, hubby's triathlon (out of town) and the usual - KIDS! 

Patting myself on the back for making it through the weekend and I have to say, it went GREAT!

I'm feeling lately that it IS how you look at things... I've had a SUPER positive outlook on life and it seems that things are looking up! 

I did however, have to recover yesterday... Could barely get myself out of bed much less make it through the day. I said yesterday, does it count if you changed out of pj's but what you have on is still considered pj's? 


So, here's a little peek at the Baby Shower and how I dressed up the Invitation!

Invitation from Brown Paper Goods on Etsy


This is sooo easy and a must do if you are in charge of invitations!

This was my first stab at taking on Invitations for a party other than my kiddos parties.

But first, take a look.....

The hostess had adorable decorations both handmade and Etsy specials.

(Picture taken before food was on the table but) Mini cupcakes, chevron cloth, and pink pompoms were adorable!

Mini pompoms on a string, chevron party favor bags, beautiful jar of flowers, and yummy cucumber sandwiches!

The hostess ordered this chevron bunting banner and more mini pompoms!

Chevron paper party bags and ribbon!

Balloons everywhere!


LOVE the flowers!

Chevron Invitation: Orange and Pink from Brown Paper Goods

Small hole punch and ribbon

Glue Dots

Traced holes with pencils so that all holes were centered.

Pull the ribbon through from the back.

Another option: Use glue dots on the back.

I partially lined the envelopes with the polka dot paper! That added a little more personalization.

I guess I spaced out and forgot to take a picture of this process. Bummer!

Lined Envelope:
1. Trace the flap of your envelope (starting just below the seal) and make sure you cut the paper long enough to tuck just inside the pocket portion of the envelope.
2. Apply glue dots to the back of the lining paper.
3. Line up the paper with the envelope and press down on the glue dots.

** Thanks Mac for showing me how to do this! It's super simple and make a HUGE impact when your guests open up their invites!

*** For any invitation, birth announcement, and other paper products PLEASE go visit Sarah at Brown Paper Goods on Etsy. Her effort to please her customers is amazing. Sarah communicates quickly and is willing to make any changes you need. She will help you with this process until you are satisfied. I was thoroughly impressed with her customer service and very happy with my purchase! I'll be a returning customer! Thanks Sarah



Hope everyone has a great week!

Best,
Katie

Having a party........





Comments

  1. I love the shower 'theme'! Very modern and classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty cute myself:) Glad I had a chance to do a "new to me" part of the shower! I've never been in charge of the invite! Thanks

      Delete
  2. The baby shower is adorable! I love it ALL! The invitations are fabulous- Cheers to you!

    kevinandlaurahilton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great invitations -- all of the details that were a part of this baby shower are done so well!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the colors. Thanks for joining us for the CHQ Blog Hop - hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Awesome ! No words to describe your creativity and also the color selection of the Baby Shower Invitations are simply superb !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts